Saturday, May 7, 2011

One Great Day

Let me just say, today is awesome. I woke up at 8:20am, changed into shorts and a t-shirt, hit the gym for about five minutes to warm up for a 5K race. My wife and I walked over to where the race started and got set. We saw some of her co-workers, said hi and wished each other a good race. This was our first race and we were a little nervous. I ran next to my wife for the first mile but then she broke ahead. I continued to run for the second mile and only stop briefly to walk approaching the third mile. I ended up doing better than I thought. My time was 31min 54 seconds.

After the race I took a little nap. We then went to Maine to see my in-laws for a little pre-Mother's Day celebration. The plan was to work on the cottage but the rain prevented us from spending much time outside.

We came back home, I took another nap then we headed over to my brother's house for burgers. Following the meal we got some ice cream and came back for a bonfire.

All in all it was a great day. Got to see friends, family, run in a race, eat ice cream and chill out. See you all tomorrow for another new story. Peace.

-SFM

No comments:

Post a Comment