Saturday, April 9, 2011

Seeing Family

Today I saw my parents and my brother, we celebrated my Mom's birthday. We enjoyed cake and gave her some presents. Later on, my brother and I went to my grandparents house to see them along with my aunt and my uncle who is obsessed with math. We discussed calculus, physics and some chemistry and genetics to tease my brain. Did you know that if you were on a game show and there were three doors with a prize behind one of them and you were asked to choose one, the host then chose one that didn't have a prize behind it and only left you with two doors (the one you initially chose and the one remaining after the host took away one) then asked you if you would like to change your choice to the one remaining then mathematically speaking, the odds would be in your favor to change your choice to the remaining door? I'm sure there is some big long equation or formula to explain this. I'm amazed that some people can prove or disprove amazingly difficult math theorems.

All in all, we had a good time. It was nice seeing my grandparents, who are in their 80's! Wow, imagine all the stories when you live to be 80+. Well, that is all for me tonight, stay classy internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment