Monday, August 13, 2012

The Future Now


The Future Now
                Three metal beings approached me from behind and asked me some questions, but I couldn’t tell what they were saying. I continued to walk and they soon left me alone. The city surrounding me is amazing, high buildings and flying cars, simply amazing. I walked into one tall building, the door slid to the right as I approached it. I don’t remember such technology before, or maybe I’m dreaming, I’m not sure. I was greeted by another metal creature but her English was superb, I understood everything she was saying to me.
                “You are early for you appointment Mr. Smith.” Said the android. She knew my name! Apparently I have an appointment, but to see whom and for what reason? I can’t seem to remember, my brain is all foggy.
                “Oh, ok, which floor?” I responded, a little unsure about what is going on.
                “Are you being serious? You’ve been here dozens of times. Forth floor you joker.” Said the android with a bit of humor. I walked to my left and approached a strange device. I stepped into it and was soon teleported to the fourth floor, simply amazing. When I materialized I looked at me hands to see if I had all my fingers. All ten, I’m okay. Soon another android approached me and she knew my name too.
                “Mr. Smith, right this way. How was traffic?” She asked.
                “Oh, I walked.” I said.
                “No you didn’t, your flying machine is parked out in front.” She said with a little smirk showing in her metal face.
                “Oh right, I guess I did.” I said.
                I suddenly found myself on an operating table with three men in white coats standing over me.
                “Mr. Smith, do you remember anything from the last hour?” Asked one of the men.
                “Yes, I remember walking here, three robots approached me then I noticed all the strange tall buildings and flying cars. I walked into the building, an android greeted me, and took a weird teleporter to this floor. Then another android greeted me. That’s all I remember.” I said.
                “Hmm, interesting. You see, what you described, the robots, tall buildings and flying cars don’t exist yet.  The three robots are the three researchers you see in front of you. The androids you mentioned are our receptionists. You did walk here, that part is true.  You’ve been lying on this table, talking to us for the past three hours. It appears that you have an unusual ability.” Said the researcher.
                “But, I can’t control it, it just happens.” I said.
                “That’s what we’re here for. We want to understand what allows you to see into the future. Maybe we can learn to harness it, with your help of course. Do you want to help us?” Asked the researcher.
                “Yes, definitely. I want to help.” I answered.

No comments:

Post a Comment